Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Hello, again.

It's been over a week.  I suppose that's alright, right?

A lot has gone on in that over a week.

My boss put me down for the last time.  I quit.
I was not going to feel terrorized at a place that I spent 50% of my time. So I did what I thought was right for me.  She tried to get me to stay, but, I just couldn't.  I will miss my other managers who did treat me well, they really made my days, and they really were wonderful, but was it really worth it in the end if the person who was my big boss, the store manager was treating me in ways that I considered unfair?

Now I'm going to tell you a story.
Last year, I was at the University of Wisconsin- Eau Claire.
I had this beautiful, wonderful, fantastic roommate, Sarah.  Sarah put up with so much of my bullshit. I have to admit, even I think I was the most bipolar shitty-shit roommate to walk the earth. And she put up with every mood swing, every creepy quirk and personality trait, every kiwi, every single bullshit thing that I did.  And I would have to say that Sarah was one of my best friends when I was at school.  We had a lot of differences.  I love Taylor Swift, she hates her. I didn't run, she did. I loved kiwis, she hated them and had something against them. She was religious, I was not the least.  I traveled a lot, she did not. I was a spender, her, a saver. I love Harry Potter, her, not so much.   But that's something that probably kept us to some level of sanity.  We did our own things, we made it work somehow.  But we also did a lot of things together. We would eat dinner together almost every night with a group of friends, we would go to the mall every once in a while and do her mom's Christmas shopping for her siblings, in Cashton there are no malls from what I know. We even did a play once, she was the lead, I had 2 words.
Recently, Sarah's brother was in a welding accident and passed away on the day that he was supposed to get married.   He was 22 years old. That's only 2 years older than I am.  I know they didn't always get along, but nobody deserves to have that happen to anyone they love, and one thing constantly going through my mind is, I don't know what I would even do if that was my brother, I have no clue how I would handle that. 
Right now, my heart really goes out to Sarah and her family.  The story of what happened really teared me up multiple times in the past week and a half.

On another note, I might be moving to Germany to live with my brother. I really want to, but I don't know yet.  Only for a year, probably. I would love to. I really would, but there is just so much to think about.

On that note, I will leave you all to ponder this entry. I hope you are having a superb day.  Otter, out.

No comments:

Post a Comment