Saturday, October 26, 2013

Memories

Hello all. Today's entry will have a number of topics.  First there will be a play I went to recently, next Germany, then my trip to my grandparent's house today, and finally, what I did tonight. Let's begin.

Recently, I went to see a Shakespeare play with a friend at her school. It was called (as I remember it), As You Like It.  This was my first Shakespeare play that I've ever seen, and to be honest, I thought I would be asleep during it. As it appears, it was very comedic and hilarious.  Turns out, people back in the 17th century were just as quirky as we are today. I'd go see it again, if I had the chance.

Germany. OH GERMANY. If I don't get into UW - Parkside, I will be going to Germany with my brother to live there for a year or so. If I do get into UW - Parkside, I will be going to live with my brother for a year or so come June. Either way, I'm going to live in Germany for a year or so. Maybe meet a nice European boy and marry him. Maybe become a bartender. I don't know yet, but I will be going to Germany. And I can't wait.

Grandma and Grandpa. I went to visit them today with my mom and dad.  Grandpa just celebrated his 80th birthday, and he's still really weird. I realized just how much I have in common with my grandparents. They watch one of my favorite TV shows, just like me and my dad. They are silly, and goofy, and I never realized how much they actually love me and care for me until I'd have to say this past year. Because they really truly do love me and my brother, and I never realized it. I am grateful to have them in my life.

Tonight, I went through the box of letters and cards that I have. I have things in there that are as old as 6 years old, from my 14th birthday. From middle school graduation.  I went through it, because it was getting very packed and very unorganized.  I got rid of envelopes that I didn't need anymore, or letters of people that are no longer in my life because we simply haven't talked in years, and we will never talk again.  There weren't a lot of those letters. While I was doing this, the title screen for the movie "One Day" was playing. The music was very sentimental, and I was absolutely sobbing, just thinking about how much these people care for me, to have taken the time out of their day to write me a letter. To show their appreciation and love. To compliment me. To make me feel special. And I was sobbing.  My grandpa wrote to me every 2 weeks while I was in college. There are friends that I have that sent me a letter every year for my birthday. Friends who hand made cards for me. Or drew me a pretty picture. Or just sent me something to make my day. And I was sobbing. Feeling so appreciated.

That's all for tonight. Otter out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment